This page will guide you through the steps useful for a successful intention experiment - please help us by adding your positive intentions.
THE EXPERIMENT: If you have watched the video on the "Getting Ready" page, you should have a good idea of what we are doing. Both the Yoga Place and the Peacock Pub in St Albans, England are reasonably successful businesses but as neighbors, they have had a less than mutually beneficial relationship. Our mission is to heal and harmonize this relationship in ways that benefit both businesses and the overall satisfaction of their customers. As a result of the growing interaction, the clientele of both businesses is inspired in new ways to find greater peace of mind and a warm sense of community.
Further explanation of the "intention" methodology follows. If you have about 15 minutes to invest in this project and you are ready to add your "joyous, harmonizing and uplifting intentions" to benefit the lives of all who happen upon these two neighbors in St Albans, go now to: http://designerofreality.com/intentions/sending.html. There you will find a summary of instructions and a photo of the spot in St. Albans where we shall focus our attention.
A wonderful relationship between a yoga studio and a local bar: that's what we are co-creating.
The Yoga Hall at 11 Hatfield Rd, and its neighbor, The Peacock at 13 Hatfield Road, St. Albans AL1 3RR England.
Sending Your Intention
Excerpted from the book "The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World by Lynne McTaggart" (https://amzn.to/3T0RfFO)
Creating the Intention Circle
“The Intention Experiment rests on an outlandish premise: thought affects physical reality. A sizable body of research exploring the nature of consciousness, carried on for more than thirty years in prestigious scientific institutions around the world, shows that thoughts are capable of affecting everything from the simplest machines to the most complex living beings. 1 This evidence suggests that human thoughts and intentions are an actual physical “something” with the astonishing power to change our world. Every thought we have is a tangible energy with the power to transform. A thought is not only a thing; a thought is a thing that influences other things.”
If you are ready to begin sending your desired intention, here are some additional guidelines. First it is important to create a space for yourself where you will not be interupted for 15-20 minutes.
The "intention sending" will likely be more powerful if you have/use a space that you often use for meditation or prayer. n studies of meditation, mediumship, and healing, people who are successful at intention imagine themselves and the person receiving healing as one with the universe. In your meditative state, enter into a zone where you relax your sense of “I” and you sense a merging with the object of your intention and The Field. Frame your intention, state it clearly, and then let go of the outcome.
At this point, you may sense that the intention is taken over by some greater force. Close your internal meditation with a request and then move your own ego aside.
Remember: this “power” does not originate with you—you are its conduit. Think of it as a request you are sending to the universe.
(1) The best way to send an intention is to visualize the outcome you desire with all your five senses.
(2) You can create mental pictures for anything: a new house, a new job, a new relationship, a healthier body, or a healthier mind.
(3) Imagine yourself (or the target of your intention) engaging in whatever new aspect of life you wish to create.
(4) Visualizations don’t have to be strictly visual. Some of us are kinesthetic, and have an acute sense of feel; others are auditory, and think in sounds. Your mental rehearsal will depend on which senses are most developed in your brain.
(5) Believe in the Process Don’t allow your rational mind to tell you that the intentions won’t work.
(6) Keep firmly fixed in your mind the desired outcome and do not allow yourself to think of failure.
(7) Time It Right: The evidence shows that intentions work better on days when you feel happy and well in every way. It’s not always possible to wait; sometimes you need the intentions to make you feel better. But if you have the choice—wait until you are on top of your game.
(8) Move Aside In your meditative state within your group, relax your sense of self and allow yourself to merge with the target of your intention.
(9) After framing your intention, state it clearly and then let it go. Don’t think of the outcome. This power does not originate with you—you are just the vehicle for it.
A Tuning Meditation
Following the tuning meditation, begin visualizing or imagining this experience in as much detail as possible visualize the fullfilment of our intention. How does it feel? what do you hear? what do you hear? be there in your mind and sense this new atmosphere that is coming into being:
During the coming days and weeks, visitors to both businesses experience a clearly noticeable emergence of a sense of shared community and harmonious, enjoyable co-existence bringing together those enjoying the Yoga Hall and the patrons and owners of the neighboring Peacock Pub on Hatfield Road, St Albans, England. This new “good neighbors” reality continues to grow providing a more enjoyable and fulfilling time for the patrons of both establishments.
For this experiment, we shall use intention to promote a more harmonious, mutually acceptable "atmosphere", "local experience", and "experiential relationship" between The Yoga Hall at 11 Hatfield Rd, and its neighbor, The Peacock at 13 Hatfield Road, St. Albans AL1 3RR England.
“Although the power of intention is such that any sort of focused will may have some effect, the scientific evidence suggests that you will be a more effective “intender” if you become more “coherent,” in the scientific sense of the term. To do this to greatest effect, or so the scientific evidence suggests, you will need to choose the right time and place, quiet your mind, learn how to focus, entrain yourself with the object of your intention, visualize, and mentally rehearse. Believing that the experiment will work is also essential.”
Designer of Reality™ Intention Network Adventures>